CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 23, 2012

Here goes nothing.

Things have been very difficult with me and nursing. I've been praying for several months about it. It was a very heavy feeling on my heart that nursing was not supposed to be my career. Since I was a child (and was able to really understand what a career was) I have always wanted to work with kids. I wanted to be a pediatrician. After starting college, I realized I did NOT want to be in school for 12 years, so I settled for nursing (hopefully, a pediatric nurse).

Well, after I got through 1st semester of nursing school, I started doubting this career. First off, was it really for me? Second, why was I not making straight A's? I decided to keep going and try to get through it. I started 2nd semester. After about a month, I told my parents and brother that I wanted to be done. They tried to talk me out of it and at least get through that semester, and then make a decision. Well, I decided to do that. I went back and the 2nd week of being back, it was Wednesday - a day for clinical. I woke up at 5 AM - called my mother crying because I didn't want to do this. She ended up talking me into going and I did. I got to the hospital at 6 AM and called her again crying, telling her I wasn't going in. She tried to talk me into just getting through that day - but I just couldn't do it. I left.

It was very difficult for my dad to comprehend this. He really wanted me to be a nurse. I don't know if it was because his mom, my memee, had gotten me a scholarship or if he just wanted me to have a secure job. Who knows? I think he just wanted me to have a good career, a secure job that I could get anywhere at anytime. He eventually came around until I told him I wanted to go to hair school.

Boy, was that some craziness! Why did I want to do hair? I thought it would be a fun job. I had been told by several stylists, they make a ton of money and they loved their job. I went into an interview at Mack's Barber School in Florence. Tuesday-Saturday classes 8:30-5. Where would I find time to work? Psh. Yeah right, I think I was just finding a quick and easy way out so I could get married. It wasn't going to be my career, who was I trying to kid?

I have finally decided, after months and months of praying, I want to be an elementary school teacher. I've got a few classes I need to take before I can start Delta State. I may not make the best money in the world, but it will be SUCH a rewarding career. (Plus, I'll have summers off, spring break, Christmas, etc. It will be great when we have kids.) I'm very excited about it and hope that everyone, family and friends, will support me with this.

XOXO,

0 comments:

Post a Comment